September 8, 2012

4 Months Waiting

It's been four months since we've officially been waiting, and no news yet.  Four months is nothing in an international adoption these days, but still - I'm starting to go a little nuts! :)

Since it is a pilot program, we could get "the call" any day now, but it will most likely happen sometime in the next few months.  We are very excited to find out if God has planned for a little boy or girl to be in our family.

Adoption is hard though.  As I'm praying for our child, I have to remember that it's not all about me and our waiting, but it is about a little boy or girl who has lost their family and will soon be moving to a new place where nothing is familiar.

And being a mom has also made me realize how hard this must have been for him or her to be separated from their parents.  I know how much that would affect Jude, and it's so heartbreaking to think of all of the hardships he or she has already had to face.  We don't know their situation yet (and won't post a lot of details online) but he or she will soon know how much they are already loved!

As for Jude, he is a busy little guy and is into everything.  I always have to keep my eye on him!  This month, I've been planning his 1st birthday party that will have an African safari theme. :)  Keep posted for pictures of his big day!

Still a little sleepy...just woke up for the day!




No comments:

Post a Comment