December 28, 2012

Next Year




As soon as we go through all the pictures, I'm planning on posting lots from our Christmas.  We had such a good holiday, but there was a part of me that felt a little sad.

Somewhere in Ghana, a little one did not have a family to celebrate with.  I'm guessing that they did not listen to the story of Jesus' birth or receive any gifts.  As I watched Judah playing with his new toys, get smothered with hugs and kisses, and eating all kinds of good food, I knew that our other child was not having the same experience.

The song above played on the radio all through the season.  Even though it was written about soldiers being away from their families during the holidays, it reminded me a lot of our situation and missing our child on Christmas.  We had such a good week celebrating with Judah, but there was part of me that kept wondering how our Ghanaian little one was doing.

Waiting is so hard.  We are so ready to see the pictures and learn more about who they are.  If you think of us, could you pray for our little one?  Prayer is "powerful and effective" (James 5:16).  And when we "call upon him, and come and pray to him, he will listen"  (Jeremiah 29:12).

And pray that next year, he or she will be home with us.



1 comment:

  1. I am praying! Can't wait til you see his/her sweet face! You all have been waiting SO long. It has to be soon!

    ReplyDelete