March 26, 2013

Congo

So what's next for our adoption?  Well, we're entering pretty familiar territory! We've changed agencies and have begun the paper chase again.  We've filled out all of the initial paperwork, our home study is getting updated, completed our education courses, and are hoping to start our dossier soon.

We're changed countries from Ghana to the Democratic Republic of Congo.  There are only a few countries in Africa which allow international adoptions, and we are hoping and praying that our child is in Congo.  I've actually learned some things about Congo through having good friends of ours bring home their daughter recently and we are so excited that these kids will share a common birth country.

Months ago, I had attended a missions presentation and Congolese meal with my friend and borrowed one of her movies about Congo.  It just makes me wonder if God was slowly preparing my heart for the changes He knew were coming.

Over the last few weeks we've been doing a lot of research about Congo and I've been pinning lots of resources to help me learn more about its history and what life is like there.  Here are a few of the things I've found if you're ever interested.


Hoping to read these books soon...




Watch this video for a brief history of Congo.




This video is hard to watch, but it is a trailer of the video I borrowed from my friend.




I'm also hoping to see this movie soon about the Kinshasa Symphony!




You can also check out this segment from 60 Minutes about the Kinshasa Symphony.








1 comment: