I can honestly say that when we started our adoption in February 2010, I never would have dreamed we would still be waiting. I distinctly remember at our very first CIS appointment, we were asked if we were adopting from China. We said no, we were adopting from Ethiopia. The government worker said, "Oh, that's good. Adopting from China can take around four years!" I remember thinking that I was glad we wouldn't have to wait that long...ha!
However, we know our ways are not His ways but God can work all things together for good. We went to our appointment with the hopeful expectation that this will be the last time.
Judah stayed with his grandma so that we could quickly make the three hour drive, get fingerprinted, and grab some lunch before coming home. It was nice to spend the day just the two of us!

No comments:
Post a Comment