Here's the back story behind this new venture:
My grandma was a sewer. She made all kinds of things and I remember her sewing machine always being in their basement family room. My mom would use it to make curtains and many of our Halloween costumes. My interest in sewing grew from watching them.
In grade school, I would spend my extra money buying little cross stitch kits. Then, when I was in high school, I chose to take a sewing class as one of my electives and I loved it. It was my favorite class and I loved putting all of the pieces together to make something new.
Fast forward to a couple of years ago, and I had not sewn or embroidered since my high school class. And I started to wonder if I remembered how to do it. With my mom's help, I made a little blanket and pillow for Jude and it all came back to me.
So, I bought a sewing machine and started playing around with different patterns and tutorials from Pinterest. I have spent the past year learning new tricks and improving my skills. I have made little gifts for friends and my nieces, and nothing makes me happier than creating something handmade for someone I love.
After hearing Drew and a few others start to say that maybe I should start selling the things I make, I finally decided to go for it! So, the "Hey Jude" sewing shop was created!
felt food,
coffee sleeves,
and much more!
All items are child or adoption related and proceeds will go towards our adoption. A portion will also be donated to SHONA Congo, which helps provide an income for women in Eastern Congo.
Any support you could give to this little shop would be greatly appreciated! Please "like" the Hey Jude page on Facebook and stay tuned for new items and giveaways!
Sending off our first order to New Hampshire!







How exciting!! I will be visiting/liking/purchasing soon. Beautiful work, I already love it :-).
ReplyDelete