The first couple of days after Sylvie was born were spent in the hospital.
Then we got to come home. It felt so good to sleep in my own bed! At Sylvie's two day check-up, we were told that Sylvie had jaundice. Judah had had jaundice too, so that wasn't too much of a surprise. We had to go back to the doctor's every day that week to get her bilirubin checked. Then she had to spend a couple of days lying on a bili-blanket to bring down her bilirubin levels. She also had to wear a sticker on her forehead that helped the doctor when they checked her bilirubin.
5 days old
1 week old
Sylvie's sleeping was pretty rough at first. She was a typical newborn her first few days and seemed to sleep all the time, but it didn't take long for her to wake up a bit.
There were a few nights that were very hard. I was already pretty sleep-deprived coming home from the hospital because I didn't really sleep at all during the nights I was in labor. So when we got home and Sylvie cried and cried for hours on end a few nights in a row, it was very tough. Drew and I took turns rocking and walking with her until she would eventually fall asleep. Thankfully Judah never woke up during any of those nights...at least he was getting some rest. :)
We put Sylvie in her own bed when she was almost two weeks old. This ended up being better for everyone - we all started getting some more sleep.
Sylvie's first two weeks went so fast! I am happy to say that we are starting to get used to life with a three year old and newborn...but the true test will be next week when Drew goes back to work. He has been such a big help to me and I am so thankful that he was able to use extra vacation days to stay home with us.
By Sylvie's two week check-up, she had already caught up to her birth weight plus a little extra. She weighed 8 pounds, 6.4 ounces.
By Sylvie's two week check-up, she had already caught up to her birth weight plus a little extra. She weighed 8 pounds, 6.4 ounces.
Here are some highlights of Sylvie's first two weeks:
Judah's first look at his baby sister
I just love them :)
meeting my parents
meeting Drew's parents
meeting Uncle Brett, Aunt Morgann, and cousin Silas
meeting cousin Penelope
meeting cousin Lucy
meeting Aunt Meghan
meeting Uncle Marcus
meeting cousin Josie - 6 weeks apart and sure to be close friends someday!
dressed in her coming home outfit
waiting for our Congolese sweetie
Friends came over to visit and brought meals
I just love her big blue eyes...
visiting with their Great Grandma
four generations
He loves being a big brother!
first bath
wearing a favorite pair of Judah's pajamas
It has been a bit of an adjustment with two kids but we wouldn't have it any other way!





















No comments:
Post a Comment