July 1, 2014

Life with Judah at 2 years, 9 months

I wouldn't say that 2 years, 9 months is a typical milestone.  But I haven't updated the blog in awhile, and since it has become my memory book I wanted to share all of the fun things Judah has been up to lately.

First off...Judah is officially potty trained!  I had been dreading this for a long time, but it ended up going really well.  We had been talking about going on the potty for a few months, but Judah showed absolutely no interest in going.  (He was actually pretty upset every time we tried.)  So, we didn't push him.  

On Memorial Day, he just decided that he wanted to try going in his little potty.  The poor guy sat on his potty and tried to go for about 45 minutes...he was determined to go but nothing was happening.  I kept giving him water and juice, hoping that it would help.  When he finally started to get frustrated that he hadn't gone yet, I let him get up to play.  Just a few minutes later, he must have felt the urge...and went on his potty for the very first time!


first flushes




Since then, it's been pretty easy...which was shocking.  He's only had a couple of accidents and has been waking up dry.  We've had a couple of constipation issues but other than that Judah has done great.  And nothing looks cuter than my baby in his big boy underwear!



We've had lots of fun this summer.  We've gone swimming, ran through the sprinklers, and played with the water table.





We also bought a pass to the zoo this year and we are getting our money's worth...I think we've been there four times in the last couple of weeks.





Kinshasa :)


We also had our first round of hand foot mouth virus.  That's not a fun one to have.



And we practiced for his first time being a ring bearer for my brother's wedding!  (Another post coming for pictures.)



The other night before bed, he and I were talking in his rocking chair and I started asking him a few questions.  I asked:

-What's your favorite movie?     Lego Movie

-What's your favorite food?     pizza

-What job do you want to have someday?     concrete mixer     I'm pretty sure he means driving one :)

-What's your favorite color?     blue

-When you're a daddy someday, how many kids do you want to have?     5     I would love that! :)




We really do have so much fun with him.  I wish I could keep him at this age forever!






No comments:

Post a Comment