We're having another baby!
We are so thrilled to be adding to our family. We are thankful to God for this little blessing and give him the glory for creating this little life. The news came as a shock to us, especially since we are still in the midst of our adoption, but we are still moving forward with completing the adoption process and hope that all THREE of our kids will be home with us soon.
Judah is really excited, although he doesn't quite know what is coming his way! :) He loves to pray for our child in Congo, and give kisses to the baby in my belly. I think these changes will take awhile for him to get used to, but we know that he will a wonderful brother.
Such a sweet boy...he can't wait to feel the baby kick!
One thing that I regret about Judah's pregnancy was that I didn't take more pictures, and that I only wrote a few posts about how the baby was growing and how I was feeling. I'm going to try to do a better job of documenting that, because there is so much that you forget later and I have always loved looking back to earlier posts. So here is how the pregnancy is going so far:
With Judah I had quite a bit of morning sickness. It was never as bad as some people experience, but from about week 6-14 I was pretty miserable. But with this pregnancy, it has been pretty different. I have had times where the thought of certain foods (like salad) made me sick, or a smell would make me nauseous, but I was never sick like the last time. That made my first trimester much easier, and I'm so glad I didn't have to deal with that while having a toddler.
While the thought of some foods sounded awful, others have never sounded better. My absolute favorite pregnancy craving has been spicy chicken sandwiches from Chick-Fil-A. I have always loved these, but being pregnant has taken my love to a new level. :)
Yum!
This pregnancy I have felt a lot more tired than I remember with Judah. There have been lots of naps and early nights. Thank goodness Judah is such a good sleeper and napper - I don't know how I would have made it without taking time for extra sleep.
Otherwise, I have felt great! Our first sonogram was at 9 weeks and the baby looked beautiful. Seeing that tiny little baby and his or her beating heart will never get old. Other check-ups have gone well and we are counting down the days until our 20 week appointment.
Our little bean at 9 weeks
Right now, I am almost 17 weeks along and definitely showing WAY earlier than I did with Judah. I had been told that my belly would pop much earlier with my second one and that has definitely been the case!
It isn't really easy or ideal being pregnant during an adoption, especially one that has turned out to be a bit stressful. But we are learning to be grateful for what we have today, and to trust God with the details of the future. Unfortunately I can't say very much about our adoption online, due to the privacy of our child, but I will ask that you keep them in your prayers. The second that we are able to share details, we will be shouting them from the rooftops! :)
I hope to write more soon and give lots of updates on Judah and our newest little one - stay tuned!






No comments:
Post a Comment