February 8, 2015

32 Weeks

This week I am 32 weeks along.  How did that happen so quickly?

It seems like yesterday I was shopping at Jo-Ann's for fabric when I got the call that my blood work came back positive and that we were going to be having another baby.

I've been feeling pretty good lately.  So far the baby is doing great; there's been lots of kicking and movement.  Judah got to feel the baby kick for the first time a couple of nights ago and his face just lit up - he couldn't believe it.  He talks to the baby a lot and likes to say, "I will be a big helper to you!"

Daniel Tiger is his favorite TV show right now, and having Baby Margaret being born this season has been really good for him.  It's where he heard about being a big helper, and is helping him understand that his new baby will cry sometimes and need my help a lot.

There are still lots of things we have left to do for the baby and realizing there are only 8 weekends left makes me realize that we had better keep working.  The crib is put back together, we've bought a new rug and bookshelf, and I've done some shopping for clothes - but that's about it.  We still have to paint, hang some some pictures and prints, and get all of the baby things (swing, car seat, etc.) out of storage.  I've sewn a few new things for the baby, but still have lots of projects on my to-do list.  I'm sure once nesting kicks in we'll get all of these projects finished!

I have really loved being pregnant, but there are a couple of things I will be ready to say good-bye to once the baby arrives.

One, I have gestational diabetes again.  It really isn't a big deal, but it is inconvenient to have extra appointments and to remember to take my blood sugar several times a day.

The other thing has been some pain in my hips while sleeping at night.  Starting around 3:00 in the morning, I am tossing and turning all night because my hips get so sore from sleeping on my side.  My OB told me yesterday that it's typical to experience more hip or tailbone pain with second pregnancies so I'm looking forward to more comfortable sleep later.  Thankfully these are the only things I'm dealing with and are well worth it for the baby!










No comments:

Post a Comment