Sylvie is so sweet and smiley (most of the time) and loves to be held. Here's what her fourth month was like:
Sleeping:
Sleep? What sleep? :) This month was rough! First, Sylvie decided she didn't like to be swaddled anymore. It began with her escaping the swaddle regularly and then escalated to screaming and pushing the blanket away with her arms whenever I wrapped her up. I actually didn't mind that she was growing out of the swaddle...except she could not fall asleep without being wrapped up.
So, we busted out the Zipadeezip again. We used one of these swaddle transitioners with Judah when he was 4 1/2 months and it was incredible. He had never been able to fall asleep without being swaddled and within one night of using the Zipadeezip he was sleeping with his arms free like a champ.
Judah in his Zippy in 2012
I hoped it would be just as easy for Sylvie. The first time I put it on her for a nap, she slept for two hours. I couldn't believe it. But the next few days/nights went downhill from there. Thankfully, she was always able to fall asleep with her arms out but she had trouble staying asleep. We were up many times throughout the night. Finally, on night four, she seemed to get the hang of it and only woke twice for feedings.
But then a growth spurt hit, and before we knew it we were also experiencing the "four month sleep regression." I do not remember this happening with Judah so I did not see this coming. There have been several nights that Sylvie has woken up four or five times...so it has not been the easiest month around here. Thankfully she is falling asleep much faster and is mostly happy during the day!
As for naps, she's usually taking four a day. Since most of her naps last only 45 minutes, it takes a few times for her to feel rested. The first three are in her crib, and the last nap is a catnap with sleeping in her daddy's arms or in the car seat while we are out.
Eating:
Sylvie is still a pretty good nurser, but seems to be eating a little less than before. She has been a little more snacky this month but always seems satisfied so we're going with it! There were a few days that she wanted to eat constantly, so I think she went through a growth spurt.
Growth:
At her four month check-up, she weighed 16 pounds, 12 ounces (90th percentile) and is 25.5 inches long (88th percentile).
Milestones:
successfully sleeping unswaddled, laughing, discovering her hands and being able to hold toys
Likes:
smiling for Judah, reaching for the hanging lion on her play mat, taking baths,
Dislikes:
being in her car seat for too long
sweet sleepy girl
just hanging out with her cousin Josie, 6 weeks older than Sylvie!
Judah wanted to join in on the fun...
Sylvie and Judah with their cousin Silas - he's growing up so fast!










No comments:
Post a Comment