As I'm typing "seven months old" I really can't believe that we're getting closer to Judah's first birthday! He has started seeming so much older this month. Judah really began to notice other people. He'll smile at the lady working at a cash register, he'll watch Drew and I from across the room, and he always has a smile for whoever is talking to him. Most of all, Judah loves to watch kids - especially his cousins Lucy and Faith. And, people are still noticing his "spiky hair" and it is showing no signs of laying down anytime soon. :)
Although it wasn't always very nice outside, I tried to take Judah out to play a lot more. He loved his first time on the swings and sitting on the ground to pull on the blades of grass. One of his favorite things to do has been watching cars drive by. He is fascinated by them! I think the Cars movie might have to be a purchase for his first birthday.
This was a big month for Judah's eating. We had to stop the rice cereal due to constipation issues, so he started eating baby oatmeal instead. I think he likes the oatmeal better anyway. We've tried all kinds of different baby foods: peas, squash, sweet potatoes, green beans, bananas, apples, pears, prunes, and peaches. Peas and green beans did not go well. :) Judah is also 100% on the bottle now. He was definitely showing signs that he was not loving nursing anymore and preferred the bottle. I'm enjoying the extra bit of freedom, but am still a little sad to see those quiet times with him be over. He's growing up!

First trip to the zoo, looking at the zebras

No comments:
Post a Comment