April 22, 2012

Almost There

We are SO close to being done with our paperwork! I can't wait to send off the huge pile of papers that has been sitting in our family room. On Thursday, I went to the mailbox with Judah and saw that we had an envelope from Citizenship and Immigration. I was thinking, "This could be it! Our CIS approval!" But when I opened the envelope and looked over our I-171H, I noticed that we did have approval, but to adopt from Ethiopia.

Wrong country!

I called up our CIS officer right away, but had to leave a message to explain that we were adopting from Ghana now. I'm not quite sure how we were approved for Ethiopia when our updated home study said Ghana...but I was hopeful we could get a new approval pretty quickly since our officer works really fast.

Our officer called me the next day and said that a new approval was already in the mail. I hope to find it in my mailbox within the next couple of days!

Our background check was also completed by the state police and we received those results on Friday afternoon. So, all that we have left to do is get a few papers notarized and we will officially be waiting for Little Boy or Little Girl. :)

We have been amazed that our paperchase is almost finished within 2 months time. Last time it took us seven months. We have really seen God's hand in helping us move so much more quickly with this process. We are praying for our little one everyday and hope we get to see a picture of their sweet face soon!

And just because a post is no fun without pictures, here's one of Judah.







No comments:

Post a Comment